First Lady Michelle Obama will deliver the keynote address at Disney’s first-ever Veterans Institute on November 14, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort. The free workshop, presented by Disney Institute, builds on the Heroes Work Here initiative to hire, train, and support military veterans.
The First Lady, who has made supporting military families and US troops a top priority, will be joined by Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger and others at this first-ever workshop designed specifically to inspire companies to employ servicemen and women transitioning to the private sector.
"We applaud First Lady Michelle Obamas efforts to raise awareness of the strengths and unique needs of veterans and their families, and we are honored to have her join Disney’s first-ever Veterans Institute, a program designed to showcase the value of veterans, share best hiring practices, and encourage greater employment opportunities for military men and women transitioning into civilian life," said Iger.
The event will feature experts from Disney’s Heroes Work Here, government officials, veterans, non-profit veterans services organizations as well as ABC News anchor Bob Woodruff. Heres a look at the speakers and presenters scheduled to appear at the "Veterans Institute" workshop.
- Robert A. Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Bob Woodruff, ABC News Anchor
- Rosye Cloud, Senior Advisor on Veteran Employment, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Susan S. Kelley, Director, Transition to Veteran Program Office, Department of Defense
- Rich Morales, Colonel, U.S. Army and Executive Director, Joining Forces
- Teresa Gerton, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Department of Labor
- Mike Haynie, Executive Director and Founder, Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University
Stay tuned to Talking Point for more on Veterans Institute including facilitator spotlights, Twitter chat announcements, workshop recaps, and ideas on employee selection, training, and engagement or visit DisneyVeteransInstitute.com.