10 simple things to make customers happy
December 28, 2011 by Stacey DiNuzzo, Public Relations Manager, Disney Institute
Throughout the year, Disney cast members take part in what we call Cross-Utilization. Its a simple concept, but not one that many companies implement. We send leaders, managers and office workers into our theme parks to help out during peak seasons such as Christmas and New Years. Its a great way for all of us to remember why we are here: To make people happy.
But for Disney Institute, theres an added bonus. We get to learn lots of new things about our theme park and other business operations, which we then pass along to all of you.
Disney Institute facilitators Lisa and Tom recently had a chance to work in one of the quick-service restaruants at the Magic Kingdom. Upon arrival they were given a card listing the Top Ten Simple Things to Do in a quick-service environment. Check it out:
- Open the door
- Deliver a high chair personally
- Help carry a tray
- Pre-bus the table
- Stand in front of the register
- Engage guests with activities (coloring sheets, hula hoops) or props (Stitch glove, stickers, pin trading)
- Introduce yourself & offer assistance (“My name is Stacey. If there’s anything I can do to help, please let me know”)
- Great and welcome guests. Invite them back.
- Use smiling phrases: Please, Thank you!, It’s been my pleasure!
- SMILE! Overall, an enjoyable experience.
Disney Institute is ready to help you apply strategic rigor to your customer experience efforts - call us at 321.939.4600 or complete our
Posted in Quality Service
Tagged Disney Institute, Quality Service, People Management